2.10 nightly failing to start

This is new.

Got in this morning and refreshed my PSU 2.10.0 tab, and was met with the Azure “ASP.NET Core app failed to start” 500.30 error.

The stack trace in the event log looks like this:

Application: w3wp.exe
CoreCLR Version: 5.0.921.35908
.NET Version: 5.0.9
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\home\data\PowershellUniversal\database-log.db' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at LiteDB.Engine.FileStreamFactory.Delete()
   at LiteDB.Engine.DiskService.Dispose()
   at LiteDB.Engine.LiteEngine.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at LiteDB.Engine.LiteEngine.Dispose()
   at LiteDB.LiteDatabase.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at LiteDB.LiteDatabase.Dispose()
   at LiteDB.LiteRepository.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at LiteDB.LiteRepository.Dispose()
   at UniversalAutomation.LiteDBv5Database.Dispose() in D:\a\universal\universal\src\UniversalAutomation.LiteDBv5\LiteDBDatabase.cs:line 172
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.ServiceProviderEngineScope.DisposeAsync()

Nothing else should be accessing that file. I’ll try updating to the latest nightly but thought you should be aware of this, @adam.

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.10.0

Restarting the App Service manually got it running. Updating to the latest nightly now regardless.

Never seen that before. It kind of seems like the app pool is recycling and the first process isn’t completely stopped before the next one is started .

Our App Service is set to “always on” but I admit I don’t understand the complexities of app pools etc. Do you think it’s something specific to 2.10? I’ve never seen it happen before (and it hasn’t happened to our 2.9 instance that I’m running concurrently in the same App Service Plan until 2.10 is released).

Ok. Can you provide a little more of the log before this exception? I’m just curious what it was doing. It should never be disposing of the database like this while the service is running.

Have shot you the eventlog.xml file via email!