Universal Server will not start after 2.0.2 upgrade from 2.0

Service fails to auto start, but I don’t believe this to be related as this was happening with 2.0. After manual start this is shown in the log.

2021-06-08T15:49:35.4387202-05:00 [ERR] Dashboard process is not running. Dashboard may have crashed or failed to start. (c4e1ca29)

In the Application log are 2 errors.

First:

Application: Universal.Server.exe
CoreCLR Version: 5.0.321.7212
.NET Version: 5.0.3
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AggregateException: One or more hosted services failed to stop. (Sequence contains no matching element)
 ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Universal.Server.Services.DashboardManager.Stop(Dashboard dashboard) in D:\a\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\DashboardManager.cs:line 170
   at Universal.Server.Services.DashboardManager.Stop() in D:\a\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\DashboardManager.cs:line 142
   at UniversalAutomation.StartupService.StopAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in D:\a\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\StartupService.cs:line 96
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.StopAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.StopAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.WaitForShutdownAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.Run(IHost host)
   at Universal.Server.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\a\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Program.cs:line 30

Second:

Faulting application name: Universal.Server.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x600b9eb8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1911, time stamp: 0x206fb2f7
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000039689
Faulting process id: 0x13a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d75ca76c81b2ff
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal\Universal.Server.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f9582887-bdcf-426a-8bce-083b9139513b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.0.2

Can you send me a full log to support@ironmansoftware.com?

I decided to rebuild the server. It was exhibiting other issues so I thought I would just start with a fresh install. I think this was just a symptom of another problem.

1 Like

Everything works after the rebuild. I did find that I still had an issue with the service starting automatically on reboot but I found that extending the ServicesPipeTimeout to 60000 milliseconds seems to have resolved that. The procedure is below.

a) Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
b) Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
c) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
d) In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.

Note If the ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
a) On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
b) Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
c) Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
d) Click decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.

1 Like