Unable to authenticate to APIs with oidc enabled

Product: Universal Automation
Version: 1.5.2

If I try to authenticate to any APIs whether my own, or those in swagger, I simply cannot if OIDC is enabled and I haven’t authenticated with Microsoft first. That is to say, if I use the swagger page, I’m authenticated with OpenID, then I can call the internal APIs both with and without a token. However, from the shell, where I’m not authenticated. Passing the token, which previously worked, now does not.

Thoughts and input would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

I’ve opened and issue in our tracker and will investigate.

I’m unable to reproduce this on the 1.5.3 build. I have OIDC with Azure AD configured and I can call it with JWTs. I am able to auth against both custom APIs as well as the management APIs.

PS C:\Users\adamr> invoke-restmethod http://localhost:5000/api/v1/script -headers @{ authorization = "Bearer eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9" }

id                        : 1
name                      : Nice Cool.ps1
description               :
createdTime               : 30/11/2020 20:12:33
    "OIDC": {
      "Enabled": "true",
      "CallbackPath": "/auth/signin-oidc",
      "ClientID": "6f006906-643a-40fe-af00-xxxxxxxxx",
      "ClientSecret": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
      "Resource": "",
      "Authority": "https://login.microsoftonline.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
      "ResponseType": "code",
      "SaveTokens": "false"
    },

let me upgrade to 1.5.3 and test again

Ok so that still isn’t working. I don’t know if this is another bug but i’ve noticed that the version in the admin footer is still showing 1.5.0 although I can see the files have been updated and I have new features like the script triggers. Happy to have a session will you to tell me im doing something dumb

Ok. I haven’t got the root cause but on a brand new machine i don’t have the issue. I think i will just need to redeploy the entire machine from scratch. Oh I wish this instance was in azure :slight_smile:

1 Like