Trouble with New-UDDynamic

is it me or do this only work with the cmdlet New-UDTypography?
atleast if I put New-UDParagraph inside of it, it never update. it get the new code in the response, it just never get renderen on the screen?

Probably an issue on the React side of things. React uses a Key attribute on elements to determine whether or not to update a component. Maybe there is something off with New-UDParagraph.

You can try using New-UDElement and setting an ID to force the react key to be set to see if that helps.

New-UDElement -Tag 'p' -Id 'myPara' -Content {
    Get-Random
}

well no…
if this is not included in the grid (I did not test it all), it will not update.

New-UDDynamic -AutoRefresh -AutoRefreshInterval 2 -content {

New-UDGrid -Item -ExtraSmallSize 12 -Content {

$Timestamp = get-date -Format 'HH:mm:ss'

New-UDTypography -Text "I Update: [Updated:$Timestamp]" -Variant h5

}

New-UDElement -Tag 'p' -Id 'myPara' -Content {

$Timestamp = get-date -Format 'HH:mm:ss'

New-UDTypography -Text "I dont Update: [Updated:$Timestamp]" -Variant h5

}

}

still on yesterday NIghtly btw.
UD 3.1.0

I did also play around with new-udendpoint, it have the same issue, with only some part / cmdlet get to be updated.

tryed to rewrite it to a “simple” Card:

New-UDCardBody -Id ‘ChatLogHistory’ -IsEndPoint -AutoRefresh -RefreshInterval 2 -Content {}

content dont get updated on screen, I can see it in the endpoint call.
well the new-udelement tag dont get update.
but if I make it an change the udelement to be an endpoint and autorefresh it start to update.

but this is redundant in my mind, as the cardbody should handle it ? :slight_smile:

It all seems pretty buggy. I’m going to log an issue for this. It sounds like you have a work around for the time being, right?

I would agree :slight_smile:
Correct :slight_smile:

1 Like