Table behavior between versions 3.3.4 & 3.7.1

Okay really odd one here, cant quite work out what I’m doing wrong or if there’s a bug at play between versions.

I have an instance of universal locally installed which I setup a considerable time ago, installed as a service and running some sample code (i’ll post below) as a demo AD user picker.
Basically, I have a button, which created a modal popup, in which there’s a username search, which then triggers a sync on a dynamic element containing a table in the same modal, once the user is selected from that table, the modal closes and data from the selected user is displayed on the original page. It works as expected.
Universal 1.5.15
Dashboard Framework 3.3.4

I recently setup a new server, hosting the latest universal and dashboard framework in IIS.
Universal 2.4.1
Dashboard Framework 3.7.1
I copied over the exact same page & code.
On first use I get an error as shown:

but if I click out of my modal, and then go back in, it displays correctly.

Here’s the code:

$session:UserSelected = $Session:ADSearchResults = $null

New-UDTypography -Text "AD User Picker Test"
new-udhtml -Markup "<br>"

New-UDButton -Text 'Select User' -OnClick {
    Show-UDModal -Header {"AD User Search"} -Content {
        New-UDForm -Content {
            New-UDTextbox -Id 'username' -Label "Username" -Placeholder "(exact)" -Autofocus
            New-UDTextbox -Id 'firstname' -Label "First Name" -Placeholder "(Wildcard * allowed)"
            New-UDTextbox -Id 'surname' -Label "Surname" -Placeholder "(Wildcard * allowed)"
        } -OnSubmit {
            $Session:ADSearchResults = $null

if($eventdata.username -notlike ""){
                $Session:ADSearchResults = get-aduser -filter "samaccountname -eq '$($eventdata.username)'" -properties mail,department
            }elseif($eventdata.firstname -notlike "" -or $eventdata.surname -notlike ""){
                $filter = ""

if($eventdata.firstname -notlike ""){
                    $filter += "GivenName -like '$($eventdata.firstname)'"
                }

if($eventdata.firstname -notlike "" -and $eventdata.surname -notlike ""){
                    $filter += " -and "
                }

if($eventdata.surname -notlike ""){
                    $filter += "surname -like '$($eventdata.surname)'"
                }

$Session:ADSearchResults = get-aduser -filter $filter -properties mail,department
            }

$Session:ADSearchResults = $Session:ADSearchResults | %{
                @{
                    name = $_.name
                    mail = $_.mail
                    department = $_.department
                    sid = $_.sid.value
                }
            }
            Sync-UDElement -Id "DynamicADlookup"
        }

New-UDDynamic -Id "DynamicADlookup"  -Content {            
            New-UDTable -Id "ADSearchTable" -Data $Session:ADSearchResults -Columns @(
                New-UDTableColumn -Property avatar -Title " " -Render { New-UDAvatar -Image $EventData.avatar}
                New-UDTableColumn -Property Name -Title "Name" -DefaultSortColumn #-ShowFilter
                New-UDTableColumn -Property mail -Title "Email" #-Render { New-UDLink -url "mailto:$($eventdata.mail)" -Text $eventdata.mail}
                New-UDTableColumn -Property department -Title "Department"
            ) -OnRowSelection {
                $session:UserSelected = $EventData
                Sync-UDElement -Id "ADselection"
                Hide-UDModal
            } -ShowSelection
        }
    } -FullWidth -MaxWidth md
}

New-UDDynamic -Id "ADselection" -Content {
    new-udhtml -markup "Selected User: $($session:UserSelected|convertto-json)"
}

The workaround I’ve managed to implement is as follows:

I can wrap the table with:
if(($Session:ADSearchResults | measure).count -gt 0){

Obviously that means that the empty table itself will not show on the page and will only pop in after the user hits submit - not an issue for me, but wondered if there’s a change in the way table data is handled between versions thats causing it to work okay in the earlier version but not in the later one?

Alternatively open to suggestions if theres a better way to do this, not worked with UD for a while so my brain is still geared to the ‘old’ way of doing things. Is it possible to refresh the table directly without the need for a new-uddynamic?

Thanks,
Tom

Based on the Docs for PSU you cannot refresh the table by itself and in order to refresh the table it has to be within a dynamic region and using Sync-UDElement .

Fair enough, that’s the way I have been doing it but I wonder why it behaves differently between versions and whats causing the error to be thrown.

you can try the following approach in your code it might makes a difference

soandso -notlike “” or soandso -notlike $null

everywhere in your code

also to answer your question regarding why it behaves differently is because the table component has been updated/changed from older version.