Setting the value of a field with automation

I am curious if anyone else has run into this issue, and what you may have done to overcome it. I created a set of dashboards for a customer, to help them enter new clients into a Form. When they click the Submit button the new customer info is added to a SQLite database. All of this is working in the latest version, and has been for some time.

I was asked to look at adding some automation. The basic steps are to read through a specific mailbox, pull emails with a specific subject and PDF attachments, OCR the PDFs for the desired data, and then input it into this form, instead of a human having to do it. Everything up through filling the form also works as I would expect. The problem comes in when I click the Submit button, and it attempts to add the data to the SQLite db.

I am using a number of statements like (Get-UDElement -Id “Address1”).Value to input data to the db, and this works every time if I manually type info into the different fields. With the automation, I am getting the XPath of the field, and setting the text of that field to what I want via the info pulled from PDFs. When done through the automation, however, the .Value of the field remains blank - it is like it isn’t being populated unless you manually type into the field. I have tried various delays; thinking I was going too quickly or something, but none of it has helped. I am just curious why the fields would not populate the .Value parameter when filled through automation, and if there is something that can be done to “refresh” the element?

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.5.4

If you could share some code on how you’re setting those fields that may help people identify the issue.
Are you using set-udelement ?