Restarting an individual endpoint or environment without affecting the rest of the system

Running PU 4.2.12 as windows service.

On the best practices page I found the following info:

When using non-integrated environments, an external PowerShell process is started. For APIs and Dashboards, that process can be long running but can be restarted without affecting the rest of the system. With jobs and terminals, a new process is started for each instance of the job and terminal. As jobs and terminals are stopped, the process is terminated, and any resources consumed by that process are reclaimed by the system.

I can find cmdlets to restart an individual dashboard but I can’t seem to find a way to restart an individual endpoint, nor can I find a way to restart an individual enviroment. I’m looking for a way to reload preloaded modules of an enviroment without interrupting the rest of the system. If I kill the process, it’s not automatically comming up again and my endpoint keeps returning a 500 error until I hit the Restart APIs button, which restarts all the endpoints. I suppose I can workaround this with a Load Balancing scenario.
Also when I add or reconfigure an environment It seems to restart all the environments. I’m a bit puzzled on how to handle this without interrupting the service. Drainstop a server on the Load Balancer and shomehow pause git sync of the active server?
I’m curious about how to handle this without interrupting my users as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 4.2.12