PSU 3.0.0(Beta2) 'Out-PSUPipeline' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet

Hi, i am getting this message for all automation jobs: -

Apr 14, 2022 2:20 PM [error] The term ‘Out-PSUPipeline’ is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

This install was an upgrade from 2.9.2, and the automation script has no code in it (it also fails with any code in).

I guess i need to import a module somewhere…

Cheers!

That cmdlet is part of the Universal module. Can you make sure you don’t have an old version installed somehwere?

Get-Module Universal -List

The module itself is included in the installation directory under Modules\Universal. You could try to import it manually to see if there are any errors.

Thanks, i removed 2.9.2 from Modules\Universal, restarted and looks better, but now i am getting:

Apr 14, 2022 2:34 PM ERROR: The term ‘Invoke-UAScript’ is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. Cannot find path ‘Cache:var’ because it does not exist. The specified module ‘ActiveDirectory’ was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory. The specified module ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal\Modules\Universal\ca\Universal.psd1’ was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

The \ca\ path exists, but the module is under the root of \Universal\Modules\Universal\

One of the breaking changes to PSUv3 is that we removed the aliases for the UA cmdlets. Everything is PSU now. So Invoke-PSUScript.

We’ll be adding a cmdlet for backwards compatibility (Enable-PSULegacyCmdlets or something) that will add all the UA aliases back for users that are upgrading.

The AD module issue is due to v3 not loading Windows PowerShell modules. That will be fixed in beta3. It just didn’t get merged from 2.x.

As for the ca path, I have never seen that before and might have to investigate that one.

ah ok, thanks!

Any idea when beta3 is planned?

Cheers.

Probably tomorrow or early next week.

Sounds good to me! all woking now with PSU not UA so happy this end, thanks!