Multi-layer authorization on forms || UD 2.5.3

Hello.

I’d like to ask about couple of things, since I’m trying to set up UD properly with a pretty complex infrastructure project

1. IIS issues
    I don’t know what is happening, but for some reason if I configure IIS to work with my dashboard, I have literally no data available. I’m loading informations to UDGrid via Variable, which loads data with PSExcel, and when I set up whole Dashboard, I have no data in it. (If it’s not on IIS, I can see all records I have).

Due to that, I searched for way to authorize via Windows/Azure, and so I found out this script:

This would be cool, since all users are Authing from Active Directory BUT I would like them to see certain pages depending on the security group they are in - is there a way to do such authorization on forms OR somehow work with that IIS issue I have?

1. Filters
    Is there a possibility to somehow include filtering on columns? Or searching in various columns simultaneously?

Thats it for now. ^^

For the IIS issue, can you enable UD logging to see if there is a reason data isn’t showing up? It sounds like there may be some sort of permission issue when running as the IIS AppPool user.

Enable-UDLogging -FilePath .\myLog.txt

You could use forms auth to specify roles per group. You could set it up so particular groups get a certain role and then you could limit pages based on the role assigned.

https://docs.universaldashboard.io/security/authorization/role-based

The UDGrid searches on all columns when using filtering. The problem is that if you format certain columns, it breaks the filtering for those columns. We are looking at implementing a more feature-rich grid that will include this exact type of functionality.

Hi @Acrith and welcome to the forums. So glad you asked this question, as this is something I wanted to achieve myself, and I managed to do it using the following:-

$Navigation = New-UDSideNav -Endpoint {
New-UDSideNavItem -Text "HOME" -PageName "Home" -Icon home
New-UDSideNavItem -Divider
New-UDSideNavItem -Text "HELP" -PageName "Help" -Icon question
if (Get-ADGroupMembers "UD_Complaints_Managers" | Where-Object { $_.SamAccountName -match $User }) {
    New-UDSideNavItem -Text "ALL COMPLAINTS" -PageName "AllComplaints" -Icon chart_line
}
if (Get-ADGroupMembers "UD_Complaints_Managers" | Where-Object { $_.SamAccountName -match $User }) {
    New-UDSideNavItem -Text "MY COMPLAINTS" -PageName "AssignedComplaints" -Icon user_cog
}
    New-UDSideNavItem -Text "COMPLAINT HISTORY" -PageName "History" -Icon calendar_alt
}
New-UDSideNavItem -Text "EDIT COMPLAINT" -PageName "Edit" -Icon pen_alt

if (Get-ADGroupMembers "UD_Complaints_Users" | Where-Object { $_.SamAccountName -match $User }) {
    New-UDSideNavItem -Text "MY COMPLAINTS" -PageName "MyComplaints" -Icon chart_pie
}
New-UDSideNavItem -Text "NEW COMPLAINT" -PageName "New" -Icon plus_circle
    New-UDSideNavItem -Text "STATISTICS" -PageName "Statistics" -Icon chart_pie
}

} -Fixed

So I make the sidebar nav menu dynamic depending which security group the user is in. I am using the same function Get-AdGroupMembers as I used in the sample of mine you found on github :slight_smile: Then you also need to add the authorisation parameter in your pages:-
New-UDPage -Name "Home" -AuthorizedRole @("Administrator", "User") -Title "Welcome To The Complaints System" -Content {
As for the IIS thing I guess it depends on your domain environment, I mean as @adam mentioned check app pool user. Like when you go onto your site in IIS and click BASIC SETTINGS then click the TEST do both come back ok?

I basically looked over log file, but didn’t see anything. I am not sure if I can send you log file via private message with my Trust Level, tho i have no real idea what happens.
And I don’t know which data I should strip off the file to not share any informations (I seen license file being applied with whole code at second row), so…

Good that React Data Grid might come soon. This gives me hope!

About the psDevUK solution, didn’t try it yet, I had a rough day in work, but I’ll definitelly let you know if I find out if this works <3!