Link to popup input and place input into a variable to use later

So, What I am trying to do is have a button that says update employeeID inside a udgrid. I have tried to use a custom udhtml with a javascript and then us a udhtml with a button inside the the udgrid, and I tried outside the udgrid but failed both times.
New-UDHtml -Markup "

"

Then in the ud grid
New-UDGrid -Title “TBC Employees” -Headers @(‘Enabled’,‘Name’,‘Username’,‘TechCode’,‘ADPNumber’) -Properties @(‘Enabled’,‘Name’,‘samaccountname’,‘EmployeeID’,‘EmployeeNumber’) -Endpoint {
$users = Get-ADUser -Filter {enabled -eq true} -Properties enabled,name,samaccountname,EmployeeID,EmployeeNumber,DistinguishedName -SearchBase "OU=TBC Employees,OU=TBC,DC=TBC,DC=Local" | sort Name | select @{label='Enabled';expression={.enabled.tostring()}},@{label=“Name”;expression={(New-UDLink -Text _.Name -FontColor "#CCCCFF" -Url "/pages/(_.DistinguishedName)" -OpenInNewWindow)}},samaccountname,@{label="EmployeeID";expression={if (.EmployeeID -like “”) {New-UDHtml -Markup “Update”}}},EmployeeNumber
users += Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties enabled,name,samaccountname,EmployeeID,EmployeeNumber,DistinguishedName -SearchBase "OU=Disabled,DC=TBC,DC=Local" | sort Name | select @{label='Enabled';expression={.enabled.tostring()}},@{label=“Name”;expression={(New-UDLink -Text _.Name -FontColor "#CCCCFF" -Url "/pages/($.DistinguishedName)" -OpenInNewWindow)}},samaccountname,EmployeeID,EmployeeNumber
$users | Out-UDGridData
} -AutoRefresh -RefreshInterval 500 -FontColor “#fafafa” -PageSize 13 -BackgroundColor “#252525

Does anyone else have any other ideas on how to do this?

Current Version 2.2.1

Code blocking failed on me. So here we go.

Try putting your code on something like hastebin.com or pastebin.com

Preserves the formatting better then the forums do.