Form with Textarea not in "body"?

Hey all,

anyone know how to do this?

New-UDForm -Content {
    New-UDHtml -Markup "<textarea Rows=`"$($GameContent.Length)`" TextMode=`"MultiLine`" style=`"width: 80%;`" id=`"content`" name=`"content`">$($GameContent | out-string)</textarea>"
    New-UDCheckBox -Label 'test'
    } -OnSubmit {
    Show-UDToast -Message ($Body | ConvertTo-Json)
    }

the $Body here only contain the Checkbox.

This wonā€™t work with the form because the UDHtml isnā€™t going to integrate with the form context automatically.

I just added -Multiline to New-UDTextbox so youā€™ll have access to that in 1.4.

is it in the nightly tonight? :slight_smile:

It will be in tonightā€™s nightly. I just put it in this morning.

1 Like

so, nothing get renderen with the -multiline switch.
I have done a full browser clear cache.
did I do a bad job, or is something missing?

Can I have Rows and Rowsmax also? :smiley:

okey, now it seems to be some weird stuff hereā€¦
so it seems I have the ā€œmoduleā€ in more places, but itā€™s not updates in all the places:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal\UniversalDashboard\Frameworks\v3 (Updates)
C:\ProgramData\PowerShellUniversal\Dashboard\Frameworks\UniversalDashboard\3.1.0 (NOT updated)

what to do here ?

You need to delete the program data one and restart the UD restart. It will redeploy the new stuff. More info on that here: https://docs.ironmansoftware.com/getting-started/upgrading#dashboard-components-and-frameworks

Iā€™ve added Rows and RowsMax to the next build.

omg, endusers right? :smiley:

so it seems I have not tested with nightly at all, but I get alot of errors now :smiley:

[09-29-20 04:14:12 PM] Startup: Cannot find an overload for ā€œRegisterā€ and the argument count: ā€œ3ā€.

[09-29-20 04:14:12 PM] Startup: at New-UDPage, C:\ProgramData\PowerShellUniversal\Dashboard\Frameworks\UniversalDashboard\3.1.0\UniversalDashboard.MaterialUI.psm1: line 2436

at , C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\ServerManager\Server Manager.ps1: line 8

at , : line 1

[09-29-20 04:14:12 PM] Startup: at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Endpoint , String , String , PSScriptCmdlet )

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`5.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

Known error?
this is thrown by New-UDpage

New-UDPage -id ā€œPageidā€ -Name ā€˜Game.iniā€™ -Url ā€œ/gameini/:Idā€ -Content

this is the today nightly, im sure you just point me to something simple :smiley:

That overload was added in a recent build. Are you installing an MSI? Youā€™re the second person to see behavior not change after upgrading to the nightly.

Investigatingā€¦

yeah this is installed by the MSI

Did you just run the MSI after installing or did you uninstall the previous version and install the new one?

I think the MSI is leaving behind old files if you try to upgrade. I just ran a clean install and I do not see this error. Can you:

1. Uninstall current version
  2. Make sure C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal is empty
  3. Install new version

Do I need to backup my dashboard before ? or will it leave the files alone?
I am trying to see if itā€™s a ā€œpending file renameā€ as the dashboard were running while installing the new version.

It wonā€™t touch your dashboards or the database. If you want to back anything up, they are in %ProgramData%\UniversalAutomation.

uninstall and reinstall worked!
it seems the codeeditor make reference to the root folder ? and not the dashboard ā€œsubpageā€ ?

Cool!

Thatā€™s a bug with the code editor. Just fixed it.

1 Like

you on Fire man!

Thanks for empowering me!

btw,
this:

dont work ? the (get-UDE) return a hashtable, and not a ā€œobjectā€ ?
I got it working with this:
(Get-UDElement -id ā€˜Editorā€™).code

(Language I have used i ā€œIniā€ dont know if that make af different?)

and it seems the compare feature is broken ?
I get this error:

Error: Minified React error #31; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=31&args[]=ReferenceError%3A%20state%20is%20not%20defined&args[]= for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.

in p
in ForwardRef
in ForwardRef
in div
in ForwardRef
in ForwardRef
in div
in ForwardRef
in ForwardRef
in ForwardRef
in ForwardRef
in u
in Dashboard
in t
in t
in div
in t
in t
in n

this error is with the code editor in a modal, if I move it out of the code editor I get this:

I just committed a fix for the diff tool.

1 Like

where do I retrieve the new version?
the marketplace is 1.0.2, the nightly is still on 1.0.3 ?
https://marketplace.universaldashboard.io/Dashboard/UniversalDashboard.CodeEditor

The version didnā€™t get updated. This has been fixed in 1.4.2 and 1.0.4 of that control should be available