Error on both versions 3.8.4 & 3.8.5 no data in dashboard

2023-03-27 14:41:58.016 +00:00 [ERR] Connection ID “0”, Request ID “00000000-0000-0000-b63f-84710c7967bb”: An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.
System.ArgumentException: Options.ClientId must be provided (Parameter ‘ClientId’)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.OpenIdConnect.OpenIdConnectOptions.Validate()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.RemoteAuthenticationOptions.Validate(String scheme)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass4_02.<AddSchemeHelper>b__1(TOptions o) at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.ValidateOptions1.Validate(String name, TOptions options)
at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsFactory1.Create(String name) at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsMonitor1.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.b__0()
at System.Lazy1.ViaFactory(LazyThreadSafetyMode mode) at System.Lazy1.ExecutionAndPublication(LazyHelper executionAndPublication, Boolean useDefaultConstructor)
at System.Lazy1.CreateValue() at System.Lazy1.get_Value()
at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsCache1.GetOrAdd(String name, Func1 createOptions)
at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsMonitor1.Get(String name) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationHandler1.InitializeAsync(AuthenticationScheme scheme, HttpContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationHandlerProvider.GetHandlerAsync(HttpContext context, String authenticationScheme)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.IIS.Core.IISHttpContextOfT`1.ProcessRequestAsync()

looks like somthing is wrong with cache or endpoint.

Any update on this, am not using sql and hosting in IIS
I rolled back to 3.8.3 to keep things working.

I can’t reproduce this. Are there any other errors in the log?

no other errors in the logs here, what is broken is that i have an endpoint that runs and cache servers names and pages in the dashboard that deal with these servers.
everything works just fine up to version 3.8.3 but somthing has changed in both 3.8.4 and 3.8.5 where nothing shows up in the dashboard pages when opening like if the chached servers are null.

here is my endpoint code

$Cache:Instances = @(Get-EC2Instance -Region us-east-1 -Filter @( @{Name=‘tag:Name’;Values=“ws-stagepod1”,“rs-stagepod1”,“ps-stagepod1”,“bm-stagepod1”};@{Name=‘instance-state-name’;Values=‘running’}) | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Instances | Select-Object InstanceId, @{Name=“Tag”;Expression={ $.Tags.Value -eq “ws-stagepod1”;$.Tags.Value -eq “rs-stagepod1”;$.Tags.Value -eq “ps-stagepod1”;$.Tags.Value -eq “bm-stagepod1” }})

so either an issue with cache or its an issue loading aws module or something else

is the above code helpfull or do u need more info?

Is this a scheduled endpoint?

yes it is

i have tried to restart the dashboard and stop/start the apppool and same result

Ok. Thanks. I will try to reproduce this on my end.

EDIT: I can reproduce this. We will have a fix in 3.8.6.

Justed tested 3.8.6 and all is working again. Thank you

1 Like