Creating app using blank template throws errors. (4.0.7)

Hi,
I’m evaluating powershell-universal 4.0.7 using the docker image.

When creating a new app using the blank template and pressing “view” a new browser window is opened and immediatly shows a crash/stacktrace:

Error with dashboard script
Page not found
at , /root/.PowerShellUniversal/Repository/dashboards/testapp2/testapp2.ps1: line 2
at , : line 1
System.Exception: Page not found
at UniversalAutomation.GetDashboardPageCommand.BeginProcessing() in C:\actions-runner_work\universal\universal\src\Cmdlets\GetDashboardPageCmdlet.cs:line 19
at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoBeginProcessing()
at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.DoBegin()
Cannot bind argument to parameter ‘Pages’ because it is an empty array.
at , /root/.PowerShellUniversal/Repository/dashboards/testapp2/testapp2.ps1: line 2
at , : line 1
System.Management.Automation.ParameterBindingValidationException: Cannot bind argument to parameter ‘Pages’ because it is an empty array.

When editing the app and then the “home” page, i get a similar stacktrace.

The only way i can get an app/app-edit to work is by adding a new page to the app, toggle “use designer” off and then change the “Get-UDPage -Name ‘Home’” line to my new test page, for ex: “Get-UDPage -Name ‘test’”

After waiting for the redeploy now both the Home as well as the test page are editable.

Finally, when now using the designer to edit the “Home” page, when adding an element and pressing Save button the element dissapears after saving.

When i add an element (datetime for example) and click on the element before saving i receive another error:

Error rendering dashboard

This error is not expected. Please contact Ironman Software support.

Error: Objects are not valid as a React child (found: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘find’)). If you meant to render a collection of children, use an array instead.

Am i doing something completely wrong? or have i run into a bug?

Thanks,
Z

These are actually a couple of bugs that we’re squashing for 4.0.8.

You ran into one I wasn’t aware of which is the blank template issue. The problem is case sensitivity for paths on Linux. All of these items are currently resolved an in our nightly build as of tonight.

Thanks!, can confirm the app designer now works the the latest 4.1 preview.

But unfortunately my elements (for example a textbox) still dissapear after saving the page in the designer.

And for example adding an image component triggers a crash in the designer:

Error rendering dashboard

This error is not expected. Please contact Ironman Software support.

Error: Objects are not valid as a React child (found: TypeError: Cannot add property ref, object is not extensible). If you meant to render a collection of children, use an array instead.