Administrator role appears to not work

I’ve spent hours today trying to figure this one out. I am logging in correct to Admin, I can see it in the top right, however, My settings and security Tab is gone and I am no longer able to use admin functions. Has anyone seen this? is my code wrong?

please and thank you!

Set-PSUAuthenticationMethod -ScriptBlock {
param(
    [PSCredential]$Credential
)

$domain = $env:USERDOMAIN
    $username = $Credential.UserName
    $password = $Credential.GetNetworkCredential().password

Add-Type -AssemblyName System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement
    $ct = [System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ContextType]::Domain
    $pc = New-Object System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext $ct,$domain
    if($pc.ValidateCredentials($username,$password))
    {

if(get-adgroupmember "ACL-APP-PSUniversal-Admin" -Recursive | where {$_.samaccountname -eq $username})
        {
            New-PSUAuthenticationResult -Success -UserName "Admin"
        }
        elseif (get-adgroupmember "wksgrp-lockscreens-users" -Recursive | where {$_.samaccountname -eq $username})
        {
            New-PSUAuthenticationResult -success -username 'LS_Admin'
        }
        elseif (get-adgroupmember "wksgrp-Audit-users" -Recursive | where {$_.samaccountname -eq $username})
        {
            New-PSUAuthenticationResult -success -username 'Audit_Admin'
        }
        elseif (get-adgroupmember "wksgrp-Query-users" -Recursive | where {$_.samaccountname -eq $username})
        {
            New-PSUAuthenticationResult -success -username 'Query_admin'
        }
        else {
            New-PSUAuthenticationResult -ErrorMessage 'User not part of allowed group. Contact administrator'

}
    }
    else 
    {
        New-PSUAuthenticationResult -ErrorMessage 'Bad username or password1'    
    }

}

New-PSURole -Name “Administrator” -Policy {

param(

$User

)

#

# Policies should return $true or $false to determine whether the user has the particular

# claim that require them for that role.

$user.identity.Name -eq "Admin"

}

Are you using git sync at all?

Yes. I just checked it again and the scripts are identical and correct.

I don’t have a license yet ( sent a support question about that), so I’m a little confused.

Thanks for fast response!

If you have One-Way git sync enabled, this is currently expect, while not ideal, behavior.

It’s effectively removing the admin role. This has been resolved in the 2.5 builds: Adjust One-Way Git Sync Behavior · Issue #589 · ironmansoftware/issues · GitHub

We have made a lot of improvements to one-way git sync in 2.5: PowerShell Universal 2.5.0 Milestone · GitHub

Good to know I’m not crazy! Should I enable TwoWay to resolve this?

What is best practice and I can change my behavior based on that.

Changing to two-way will resolve this as we won’t mess with the roles at all. That said, users will be able to edit things in the console so you will need to set execute\readonly role if you want to limit what people can do in the console.

Awesome, thanks so much Adam. Love the product.

1 Like