2 Grids not showing their individual data?

https://hastebin.com/raw/viruriqogu

So, I am running this two grids and when i run it, i get this:

The Aide grid is populating correctly, however the Sign out Grid is populating with the Aide grid data instead of the Sign Out data. I can’t see a reason why it would be doing this in the code, so i am reaching out to you all to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Can you use -id on your grids and give them both unique names?
When you don’t specify -id it should generate a unique id anyway so this shouldnt be the issue, but I’ve seen similar behavior when I’ve accidentally named my elements with the same ID before.

Well hell, that did it. I would not have guessed that as i wasn’t defining an ID, thought they would auto-generate unique IDs.

Yeah its strange that it didn’t! Maybe thats one for @adam
I get into the habit of always giving them ID’s so I can check them on the diagnostics page easier :slight_smile:

While we’re on the subject, sorry to hi-jack the thread but this may be relevant to the same or similar issue. I have noticed that some of my new-udcards while providing an -id, still actually show on the diagnostics page with a guid instead.

For example, directly on one of my pages I’ve got the following:

New-UDCard -id "uptimereport_settings_card" -Title "Settings" -Endpoint {
        New-UDInput -SubmitText "Save" -Id "input_uptimereport_settings" -Content {
            New-UDInputField ....
	        New-UDInputField ....
        } -Endpoint {
            New-UDInputAction -Content {
	        }
        }
}

Within diagnostics I can see all the code contained within that card, under an endpoint with a guid:
c91a8711-2c10-4954-9867-f7aff314eea1 (0ms)

The expected endpoint with ID ‘uptimereport_settings_card’ is not listed.

Seems like a bug to me. I don’t know why it wouldn’t be using your ID.

As for the original topic on this thread…that’s really weird! It should be generating GUIDs if no id is specified so I have no idea why they would conflict.

1 Like