[2.5.2] Show-UDModal issue

Hi all,

after upgrading from 2.4.0 to the latest version, I’m getting the following issue when running Show-UDModal

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks.

Hello @Brunogr I am using 2.5.2 to run a dashboard on IIS and on the help page I have modals to give further instructions, these are working fine without issues for me…

Hi @psDevUK,

Thanks for your reply.
I will try something else tomorrow and let you know. Perhaps I have missed something during the upgrade process?
The code is quite simple. I will post it in here as soon as I get back in the office tomorrow (I’m from Amsterdam)
Cheers

Run your dashboard in a private browser, I had this issue with another function when upgrading and it was cache related on my box, using a private browsing session quickly lead me in that direction, after the brains on this forum told me to do that lol

I’ve tried many things (IIS, private browser session etc… )and no success so far.
Here is part of the code I’m using which works perfectly on V2.4.0. The browser keeps “complaining” about this renderComponent function :frowning:

New-UDButton -Id ‘viewSource’ -Text ‘View Source’ -OnClick {
$fnContent = Get-Content $fnPath -Raw
Show-UDModal -Content {
New-UDElement -Tag ‘pre’ -Content {
$fnContent
}
} -FixedFooter -Footer {
New-UDButton -Text ‘Close’ -Flat -OnClick {
Hide-UDModal
}
} -BottomSheet
}

Guys,
I just found out what is causing this issue.
It only occurs when using -FixedFooter and -Footer params. It might be a bug in the new version.

Thanks.

1 Like

sorry I missed your updates I’m glad you got your modals working, I have never used the -fixedfooter or -footer parameters in the modals I have used. If you got the time I would raise it as an issue on github for the 2.5.2 release

Just recently ran into this head-scratching issue and this post helped me over the hurdle. Thanks everyone!

Made an issue of it.

Thanks for the initiative

Ran into the issue myself yesterday - its hard to exit a persistent Modal without a Close button :smiley: