Upgrade PSU v2 to v3 with Assistance

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.12.5

@adam We’re interested in upgrading from v2.12.5 to the latest version (currently v3.8.3) of PSU and I would like to get some assistance from start to finish. I upgraded our system from v1 to v2.12.5 late last year by myself and I think it would be worthwhile to have a trained eye confirm things are set up correctly.

First and foremost, are you able to give me some idea of how long the upgrade will take? This information is very helpful because I need to let my boss know a timeline.

Below are a few key things I’d like to accomplish with this upgrade:

1. Migrate DB to SQL Server.
  2. Ensure all existing dashboards function correctly after upgrade.
    NOTE: We only have 6 or 7 relatively simple dashboards. We really don’t use many, if any, other features at this point.
  3. Confirm the system is configured to work as it should. I want to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes during the prior upgrade since I’ve had lots of struggles using/working with PSU.

Thanks,

Jay

@jayazbill I worked on our upgrade docs a bit today to give better insight into the process: https://docs.powershelluniversal.com/getting-started/upgrading

That said, please email support@ironmansoftware.com so we can schedule some time to chat over the items you have listed.

Hey @adam,

Thank you! I’m waiting to hear back from my boss on the upgrade. During our team call today I’ll ask him if he’s had time to review my proposal.

Thanks,

Jay

1 Like