Session Timeout

Sorry, we don’t have any MS Server 2019 here yet. Not sure what else it could be.

That being said, @adam (or anyone else): back to my original question, is there a way to monitor that IdleTimeout? See how much is left so I can pop up a message when it gets close or go back to a logon screen when it does expire?

Thanks!

Hmmm thats a really good question. I’d have to do some research into determining that. We almost need some custom JS to check whether we can still ping the serve rsuccessfully so I’m not 100% sure this can be done with PS alone.

I am by no means a developer (at least since the 90s), but is there a way to inject a popup (or rather, have an option to since not everyone will want it) when whatever background process you’re running accesses ClearTimedOutSessions in sessionmanager.cs?

Sorry, I was just following the code after searching for “IdleTimeOut”.

This is the last piece I need to be able to put this out to my end user population. I do understand it to be low priority in the grand scheme, however.

Thanks!

I think that will probably be how it’s done when we get this resolved in UD. Was just trying to think of a way to accomplish this with the existing release so you could put something in place until its fixed in UD proper.

I think the solution for this will be to have UD check for sessions expiring soon in ClearTimedOutSessions and then send a message via websocket to the client to show a popup that their session is expiring soon.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you. I’ll be patient. Million other things to do anyway.

1 Like