Restrict run as credentials?

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.11.1

Is there a way to restrict which run as credentials can be used? I don’t want everyone who can run scripts allowed to pick any run as credential they want. Would like to be able to restrict if possible.

Thanks.

2 Likes

This would be nice to be able to lock down credentials to a specific role. By default, even if a role is selected, Administrators should have access to use credentials regardless.

2 Likes

This has been a concern of ours too…

1 Like

I opened a feature suggestion on GitHub for Adam. I believe in an Enterprise Environment, this is crucial.

2 Likes

Seperate secrets is one of the reasons for why we use multiple IIS sites under seperate service accounts.
it doesnt solve the run-as issue, as runas cant work under IIS like that - but it does work for secrets in general.

1 Like

I have multiple users, each with their own credentials for external secured servers needed to run their builds. I am using the credentials plugin to manage the stored credentials. Currently, when a user configures a project, they can use anyones credentials for doing external jobs. I need to make it so that each user only sees the credentials they own when they configure jobs on the jenkins server. How would I do this?

Any updates on this? A conversation around this came up today in our org.

I submitted a feature request on GitHub, but I don’t think there has been any update on this.

We’ve moved this into the 4.1 milestone.

2 Likes