Questions around New-UDDatePicker

Just a couple of questions. I am using a DatePicker on a form, and noticed the Label is not shown regardless of what I put in. Has anyone seen this as well? I see a thread put in back in the fall for something similar, but there were no responses to it.

Also, the docs mention using the -Variant parameter with static as the value. But they don’t mention where “static” is derived from, what other options there are, etc. Is there anywhere where this is mentioned?

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 1.5.8

Hello @JLogan3o13 the official documentation for this command is here:-
https://docs.ironmansoftware.com/dashboard/components/inputs/date-picker
There is also a few other calendar/date pickers on

As for the label not showing this could be a CSS issue if the colour is the same as the background…I use Universal Dashboard Marketplace - UniversalDashboard.UDDatePicker on my dashboards, as it works nicely with the SQL queries I run from it.

Thanks, that link is the one I am using for reference. I will look at the marketplace, just curious why the label (using a very basic dashboard with just that element) would not be working.

I mention this is a few other posts, but I use firefox and have this plugin installed:-

This allows me to press F12 and see a react tab at the bottom…now if you have given your DATEPICKER an ID you will easily see it listed in the react component bit…then highlight the ID of the DATEPICKER then on the right hand side you see the PROPS and STATE of the component…is LABEL listed in this and does it have a value…? Happy to send a screenshot of what I mean if the above typed doesn’t make sense :slight_smile:

I use ChroPath in Chrome and Edge for similar. It’s funny, Label is set and yet I only see ID and Value.

Edit, Edge not IE

Sorry I am not using PU yet so cannot test…I will call out the bat signal for @adam to advise if this is indeed a bug or something…If you are not seeing something in the STATE for Label or equivalent then this could be a bug…

Probably a bug. I’ll open an issue for it.

1 Like

Thanks

@adam Just wanted to confirm for you that 1.5.9 fixes this issue. Thanks much for all you do.