PSScriptPad WPF Toolbox

Hello,
I just bought a PowerShell Pro Tools license and I want to develop PowerShell applications.
I am a beginner and I try to use PSScriptPad (the latest version 5.11.2) to create a WPF interface, but when I open the toolbox, it is empty. Is this normal?
The “Windows form” toolbox is full
Maybe, can we add a library (DLL) to fill this toolbox?
I use Windows PowerShell 5.1 and PowerShell Pro Tools for VS Code
Thanks for your explanations…
Sincerely
Patrick Pattyn

Hi @Patleguen,

The toolbox should fill automatically with PresentationFramework. You can always add assemblies by right clicking in the Toolbox window and selecting Browse. New components from those assemblies will be added to the toolbox.

Hi again,
Thank you Adam for responding so promptly.
Unfortunately, the toolbox does not fill automatically with PresentationFramework. (see attached screenshot).
Maybe I’m making a mistake, but I don’t see what it is.
I understood that I can add other assemblies with the right-click and choosing “browse”, but that’s not what I want to get now…
I have of course searched the web for solutions, but I can’t find anything conclusive.
Thanks for your help and patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure why this is happening but you should be able to work around it by adding PresentationFramework with the browse button.

The path is: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationFramework.dll

pres

1 Like

Yes ! Great !
A very big thank you!
It works!
:+1:

1 Like

Since I just reinstalled Windows and everything I went to create a WPF form and I am also experiencing the same issue. What you suggested fixed it!

1 Like