Notification bell freezes console/browser

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.3.1

Noticed the notification bell at the top right showed 99+ notifications this morning

when I click the bell the entire console, and eventually my whole browser, will freeze. Tested this with Edge 94.0.992.314, Firefox 92.0.1, and Chrome 94.0.4606.61.

Ouch. Ok. I haven’t tried with that many notifications before but I’ll open an issue for this. I think the only other way to mitigate this is to clear notifications via the REST API manually.

I don’t recall the notifications being that high yesterday, but they could have been. I’ll look up how to clear the notifications via REST.

EDIT:

Found the info in the swagger docs and cleared the notifications. The bell works correctly now

1 Like

The issue seems to be my git sync. The error message I’m getting is:

too many redirects or authentication replays

I’ll see what is up with that.

1 Like

Somekind of logic to truncate identical notifications would be nice.

Fixed my git issue. Seems like the branch name I had in the config (Main) didn’t match the actual branch name (Master). Weird as I haven’t changed that on either side since I set it up.

Either way, it’s fixed now!

Sweet! I’ve fixed this in 2.4 as well. It’ll only put the last 5 notifications in the bell and then you can view the rest on a notification page.

2 Likes