Lost AppBar after updating to 2.6.2

Product: PowerShell Universal
Initial Version: 2.6.2 (as of original post)
Current Version: 2.8.0

I was previously on version 2.5.4 and was using “New-UDAppBar” to add custom buttons inside the header at the top of the page. After updating to 2.6.2, the cmdlet “New-UDAppBar” is no longer available.

Is this being done a different way in 2.6.2 (or perhaps an easier way to add buttons in the header) or do I simply need to re-import an older module?

This hasn’t changed (unless there was a bug in 2.6.2). I’m not aware of any issues reported with 2.6.2 regarding this and I just tried in 2.7 and it is working.

Should the “New-UDAppBar” cmdlet be inside of the “UniversalDashboard” Module or a different one?

I can give 2.7.0 a go and see what happens.

Yep. It’s in that module. It should be in the UniversalDashboard.MaterialUI.psm1 file and exported in UniversalDashboard.psd1 file.

I’ve been able to get the UDAppBar working again but it’s covering up the username currently logged in. Is there a way to 1) add the username/logout button into the custom UDAppBar or 2) is there a way I can add buttons to the header without using the UDAppBar?

Hi @adam, I’m now running 2.8.0. Is there a way to add a button to the header without covering up the existing header? I was previously using New-udappbar but that was covering up the existing header and therefore I lost the username logout button in the top-right corner.

I’m hoping there’s an easy way to add a udbutton in the existing header to create a simple form that allows users to provide feedback.

You can use HeaderContent of New-UDPage and then set whatever you like.

$Pages = New-UDPage -Name 'PowerShell Universal' -Content {
} -HeaderContent {
    New-UDButton -Text 'Learn More' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon Book) -OnClick {
        Invoke-UDRedirect https://docs.ironmansoftware.com
    }
}

New-UDDashboard -Page $Pages

Thanks @adam… was the “-HeaderContent” added in a recent module update? I’m running the UniversalDashboard module version 2.7.0 but don’t see the “-HeaderContent” parameter in the help file for “New-UDPage”.

It’s coming in 2.8 so you’ll need a nightly build if you want it.

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the 2.8.0 nightly build but looks like it shipped with UniversalDashbaord module 2.7.0. Is there a separate download I where I can grab the 2.8.0 module?

I just downloaded the latest nightly and it contains HeaderContent parameter.

So I upgraded from Monday’s nightly build (2/1/2022) to todays nightly (2/3/2022). I see the 3.8.0 component in “C:\ProgramData\PowershellUniversal\Dashboard\Components\Universaldashboard 3.8.0”. However, it was not getting installed automatically and once I manually installed the module, it became available. I also noticed that the admin page under components was showing UniversalDashboard module version 2.7.0.

Can you remind me again where the modules need to be in order for them to be installed automatically?