IIS Failure - HTTP Error 502.5 - Process Failure

I am starting to move my dashboard to IIS, but Im getting the above said error when opening the page. I have gone through all the topic in the forum, tried most of the solution advised but none work. In the event log, I can the error below - nothing else.

Application ‘MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/DEFAULT WEB SITE’ with physical root ‘D:\Inetpub\wwwroot’ failed to start process with commandline ‘C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe .\main.ps1’, ErrorCode = '0x80004005 : 0.

Any ideas what went wrong?

1 Like

Nvm. I have got it working. :smiley:

Out of interest what was the solution?
It would be useful to post, incase anyone else searches the error code or problem and finds this thread looking for the answer :slight_smile:

I was the damn .NET Framework - I totally forgot to instal it on a new server. :smiley:

By the way, @insomniacc, did you get your AuthorizationPolicy to work? Apparently, from my Windows authentication I can only see my LDAP ID - nothing else. Get-AuthorizationPolicy returned nothing when i use "$user -match “LDAP_ID”. Sighh…

Yes, I’ve got no issues with authentication.
Hopefully this will help:

  1. Make sure you have forwardWindowsAuthToken=“true” in your web.config file
  2. In IIS if thats how you’re hosting, enable Windows Authentication, Disable Anonymous Authentication
  3. In your dashboard code, try something like this:

$AuthorizationPolicy = @()
$AuthorizationPolicy += New-UDAuthorizationPolicy -Name “Admin” -Endpoint {
param($User)
$grantedaccess = $false
if($user.Identity.Groups -contains “S-1-5-21-SIDofGroup”){ # (using the SID to protect against name changes)
$grantedaccess = $true
}elseif($user.Identity.Name -in @(“Domain\Username1”,“Domain\Username2”)){
$grantedaccess = $true
}
return $grantedaccess
}
$AuthMethod = New-UDAuthenticationMethod -windows
$LoginPage = New-UDLoginPage -AuthenticationMethod $AuthMethod -AuthorizationPolicy $AuthorizationPolicy -PassThru
New-UDDashboard -LoginPage $LoginPage

If you still struggle, take the above auth block, strip out the contents and put
$user | convertto-json | out-file "outlocation\outfile.txt"
Take a look to make sure you’re getting the full user object output.

Good lord. That worked! Thanks alot mannnnn…

1 Like