Git Sync issues in 3.6.2

Seemingly another issue we’ve run into after upgrading to 3.6.2

Today we opened Universal and saw we had “99+” notifications, looking like those screenshotted below

Git Synchronization Failed

Cannot access a disposed context instance. A common cause of this error is disposing a context instance that was resolved from dependency injection and then later trying to use the same context instance elsewhere in your application. This may occur if you are calling ‘Dispose’ on the context instance, or wrapping it in a using statement. If you are using dependency injection, you should let the dependency injection container take care of disposing context instances. Object name: ‘PsuDbContext’.

I checked our repo and could see none of those “updating via git sync.” commits were there, but if I go into edit mode and “Save changes” it does identify changes I’ve made, and committing that does work in terms of being pushed to our remote git repository. None of the automatic git sync works anymore though?

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 3.6.2

Just adding the stack trace from the logs:

2022-12-21 07:32:40.960 +01:00 [ERR] Failed to sync: Cannot access a disposed context instance. A common cause of this error is disposing a context instance that was resolved from dependency injection and then later trying to use the same context instance elsewhere in your application. This may occur if you are calling 'Dispose' on the context instance, or wrapping it in a using statement. If you are using dependency injection, you should let the dependency injection container take care of disposing context instances.
Object name: 'PsuDbContext'.    at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext.CheckDisposed()
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext.get_DbContextDependencies()
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.DbContext.Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Internal.IDbContextDependencies.get_StateManager()
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Query.QueryContext.InitializeStateManager(Boolean standAlone)
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Query.Internal.SingleQueryingEnumerable`1.Enumerator.InitializeReader(Enumerator enumerator)
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.ExecutionStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`2.<Execute>b__0(DbContext context, TState state)
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.ExecutionStrategy.ExecuteImplementation[TState,TResult](Func`3 operation, Func`3 verifySucceeded, TState state)
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.ExecutionStrategy.Execute[TState,TResult](TState state, Func`3 operation, Func`3 verifySucceeded)
   at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Query.Internal.SingleQueryingEnumerable`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetSingle[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Boolean& found)
   at lambda_method27221(Closure , QueryContext )
   at PowerShellUniversal.SQL.SqlTable`1.DisposeAfterCall[X](Func`2 call) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\PowerShellUniversal.SQL\Database.cs:line 666
   at UniversalAutomation.GitSyncService.TrySync(GitStatus status, Boolean force, GitSettings settings) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\GitSyncService.cs:line 159
   at UniversalAutomation.GitSyncService.Sync(Boolean force) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\GitSyncService.cs:line 121

I can’t reproduce this myself, but can you send a full log to support@ironmansoftware.com?

Sent :slight_smile:

This is sort of related to this post but im having issues with git on 3.6.2 as well

Every time I configure git sync to point to a remote repo (github) it defaults back to using the database?

If i reset gitsync and specify the "use database to false I cant input the PAT for the repo?

Which is resulting in this 403…

@adam