$Eventdata not populated when columns are defined outside of Dashboard/tables?

Hi, I have a dashboard where if I have columns defined as shown below along with tables and pages defined outside of the New-UDDashboard then I will have $EventData populated but my dashboard doesnt update even though the $Cache:serviceStatObjsBLUE is verified updating every 2 min. I am trying to move the bulk of the table/ page definition inside the dashboard to get it to update.

$Columns = @(
                New-UDTableColumn -Property 'ServerName' -Title 'ServerName'
                New-UDTableColumn -Property 'ServiceDisplayName' -Title 'ServiceDisplayName'
                New-UDTableColumn -Property 'Status' -Title 'Status'
                New-UDTableColumn -Property 'Recycle' -Title 'Recycle' -Render {
                    New-UDButton -Text "Recycle" -OnClick {
                       $EventData |  out-file -path "c:\temp\eventdata.txt" -Append -force
                       $message = "Recycling Service " + $EventData.ServiceDisplayName
                       $message += " on Server " + $EventData.ServerName
                       Show-UDToast -Message $message -Duration 10000
                      $res = recycleservices $EventData.ServerName $EventData.ServiceDisplayName $EventData.Login            
        }
    }
  )

$tableBLUE = New-UDTable -Id 'blue_services' -Title "Blue Services" -PageSize 30 -Columns  $Columns -Data $Cache:serviceStatObjsBLUE

$Pages +=  New-UDPage -Name 'BLUE' -Content { 
          New-UDTable -Id 'blue_services' -Title "Blue Services" -PageSize 30 -Columns 
  $Columns -Data $Cache:serviceStatObjsBLUE
  }

New-UDDashboard -Title 'Environment Maintenance' -Pages $Pages

In the scenario below, the dashboard works and updates with the Cached data but the $EventData is not populated when the Columns are defined outside?

What am I missing? How do I bring the columns inside the dashboard when I am defining the dashboard to use -Pages?

$Columns = @(
                      $res = recycleservices $EventData.ServerName $EventData.ServiceDisplayName $EventData.Login            
        }
    }
  )

New-UDDashboard -Title 'Environment Maintenance' -Pages @(

New-UDPage -Name 'BLUE' -Content { 
  $Columns -Data $Cache:serviceStatObjsBLUE
  }
)

I went ahead and moved the column block inside each table definition. Its a duplication of code but that worked.

New-UDPage -Name 'BLUE' -Content { 
              @(
                      }
                  }
            ) -Data $Cache:serviceStatObjsBLUE
  }