What specs do you run on Azure App Services?

I’ve been in the process of deploying our dashboard to Azure App Services for the last week or so. It’s been a bit of an ordeal just getting to this point, but now that I’m here, the load times are absolutely mind-numbing (somewhere around 5 minutes just for the page to display and become active!). We’re currently running on a single B1 just for testing, and I figured it would be slow, but this is ridiculous. For those of you who are using Azure App Services as well, what server specs should I expect to use once we push to production?

Thanks in advance!

Poshud.com is running on a B2 instance in Azure. The first time it spins up it usually takes a couple minutes before it’s ready but once it’s up and running it quick. The average response time for it is currently 62ms.

It looks like there is a decent difference between B1 and B2 but I’m surprised it’s so slow as well.

Also, is it just slow the first time or does it always take 5 minutes to load the page?

Hey @adam, I apologize for the late reply. On a single B1, it took about 7-8 minutes to load initially and then roughly that 5 minutes (sometimes a bit less), to load each page. Bear in mind though, this is a fairly large dashboard with lots of dynamic elements on each page.

I have since upgraded our service to the same B2 that you are using, and we seem to be doing much better. As you mentioned, it still takes roughly 5 minutes for the server to start, but afterwards we average around ~ 10 seconds for a full page load. I’m happy with that because we are making a lot of external API calls which takes quite sometime.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like